Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Aimee Mullins

In my opinion, disability can restrict an individual’s freedom or ability to engage in different activities. Aimee Mullins amazed me with the creative idea of prosthetic legs. From a female perspective who likes to follow the fashion, Aimee not only proved to me that technology is able to improve the quality of life but also that by her innovation she’s able to be as fashionable as any other model. While watching the video I also thought that it’s not fair that Aimee can choose her height by changing her prosthetic legs and I can’t. Aimee proved to me that by her innovation she’s able to be as fashionable as any other model.  Furthermore, she is a pragmatic inspiration how to be and feel beautiful. I emphatically believe in the capabilities to conquer deficiency rather than seize ourselves under the mercy of disability. On the other hand, my argument is: Who can afford 12 pairs of legs? As a conclusion, Aimee’s idea is fabulous but just an innovative idea not a fact that can be utilized by a disabled person who is considered from the middle class in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment